When planning for a new office space, clients and designers are faced with many questions and challenges. Practicality issues such as proximity, IT infrastructure, spatial needs, and furniture and strategic issues like working environment, rental costs, and its impact to clients were of high priority. Hence, you can have inspiration and ideas from -office space nyc.
A cool office space reflects the culture of a company. It serves as employees’ pride and the company’s selling point. It can offer a myriad of benefits depending on how it was designed. Developing an inviting workplace will stir your employees’ creativity and talent.
The most fundamental question to answer while addressing the concept of an office space is the kind of design that will work and affect the organization’s culture – more than just mere decorations, designs, and layout matters. An enclosed office imposes privacy and authority while an open working environment imbibes free flow of idea and closeness among workers.
How to Make the Most Out of Small Office Space
Having an efficient work space is important for an employees’ productivity. However, due to various reasons such as budget constraint, we opt to have small office spaces. Thus, it gives us the feeling of being unproductive and confined. Here are some tips on how we can maximize a small office space and make the most out of it.
- Use Common Areas – do not focus on the limitations of a small office space; rather, make use of all the available areas and consider the whole building where you are located.
- Less paper, less clutter – reducing your overall use of paper will also lessen the need for file cabinets, storage boxes and spaces for papers. Once you get rid of all the unnecessary items, clutter, and bulk of paper, you will be amazed on how actually big your office is. Clutter will make you slow down as you need to define space.
- Stand-up meeting – this will reduce not only the chairs to be used but will also result in much shorter meetings. Moreover, studies show that this kind of meeting actually creates more ideas.
- Organization is the key – an unorganized office looks like a messy office. Cut down the things that you don’t actually need on a daily basis. Keep things tidy and in their proper places as much as possible. You should organize based on the usage frequency. If you are using printers more often, then it should be on your desk.
- Natural light – natural lighting can open up a small office space and make it look larger. Perhaps, you can use light colors for wall and flooring and avoid dark and heavy materials as this can make a space look dull and cramped.
- As an additional tip, tie equipment cables as they look unsightly and add clutter.
There are numerous solutions on how you can make your space efficient and manageable for daily work. Implementing these tips to your office space can make it appear lighter and larger. Furthermore, it will enhance productivity and creativity among employees.